If you have been searching for the ideal air conditioning product to match your business’ needs, you almost certainly have come across rooftop packaged units (RTUs). However, hearing a term and understanding what it is are two very different things. Wondering if a rooftop unit could be the right solution for your business, or if they’re even an effective option in the Wisconsin area? The industrial HVAC specialists at AccuTemp Mechanical are here to detail the pros, cons, and how you might stand to benefit from a new rooftop AC installation.
What Is a Rooftop Unit?
A rooftop unit stands apart from other cooling options as what we call a packaged unit. As opposed to the split-system nature of other options, which have an outdoor unit and an indoor unit as well, a packaged unit is fully housed in a compartmentalized cabinet that is located, as you may expect, on the roof of your business.
Rooftop units are modular, meaning they can be fitted to provide air conditioning, humidity control systems, and air handlers for added exhaust and ventilation, and they can even be configured to provide cooling and heating by way of a heat pump setup. This versatile nature is one of the primary draws of a rooftop system, as well as why they’re widely accepted as one of the preferred choices for commercial and industrial HVAC.
As to whether or not a rooftop unit works well in Wisconsin, we can confidently say yes, they absolutely work in our area. The right RTU setup can offer you distinct advantages, and the overall power and efficiency offered by the system is ideal for handling our climates in the summer season.
What Are the Advantages of a Rooftop AC System?
Outside of the fact that they run quite well and offer plenty of cooling power, a rooftop cooling system also offers quite a few unique advantages. These include:
- Simplified maintenance. With all of the relevant components housed in a single place, maintenance is made quite simple. With the assistance of trained commercial AC maintenance professionals, your system can get all of the care it needs with minimal time and cost.
- An evolving cooling system. Because packaged systems are somewhat transposable, upgrading is made very simple and cost efficient. This means if your business expands or your needs change, upgrades and updates are well within your reach at any time.
- Security and added safety. While vandalism isn’t exactly normal, we don’t always have control over what happens to our property. Placing your vital systems and high-cost appliances topside affords some additional security that can be quite valuable.
- Quiet system operation. With no indoor system to speak of, the amount of noise generated by a rooftop system is negligible at most, helping keep noise pollution down.
- Space-saving. Ground-situated systems can often be in the way, particularly so if your business is still growing or is considering growth in the future. With your system on the roof and out of the way, you needn’t worry about negotiating for space.
Rooftop AC Systems in Wisconsin
The service team at AccuTemp Mechanical has been handling rooftop and packaged unit installation, repair, and maintenance for Wisconsin clients for years. If you’re considering an RTU installation for your business, or even if you’re simply looking for some answers or guidance, our team is ready to help. We can match you with a rooftop system that is efficient and reliable, that will serve your business effectively for years to come.
To learn more about rooftop AC systems in the Kenosha area, or to set a date for your consultation, reach out to the team at AccuTemp online today.